Sump, Oil pans, DIY and Welded, Fabricated
Are you wanting to build your own baffled 7L RB oil pan?
This kit is definitely for you! The DIY kit is designed to be folded into shape one handed, with the top plate is keyed to promote a perfect fit-up.
The kit features rubber baffle flaps inside and a stainless drain boss. The boss matches the stock drain plug and aftermarket magnetic plugs.
The base on the kit matches stock height so that there is no change to road height, also allowing for the use of the stock 2WD front hump oil pick up to be used.
- Test fit your sump kit after you have tacked everything together, but before you finish weld the unit. Check ALL clearances, check oil pick up clears the sides and bottom of the sump, check k-frame clearance. Confirm fitment on a spare engine block with the oil pick up tube fitted, and confirm oil pick up tube to pan clearance. around 3-8mm clearance is the target.
- I have taken every effort to make the details as precise as possible, please double check your work BEFORE you weld!! All pans are stamped, so they vary in dimensions a few mm each way. No 2 pans are perfectly the same.
- While welding, The metal will pull out of shape due to the heating nature of the welding process, be sure to clamp the sump to a fixture or spare engine block to reduce/prevent warping. Failure to do this will likely buckle your project.
- Do NOT paint the inside of the sump, "most" paints will de-laminate and end up in the oil pump. If storing for a period of time before use, lightly oil the insides and clean before fitting.
- Rubber flaps are to be fitted LAST, after all welding in completed, after sump has been thoroughly cleaned of swarf, grinding dust and shavings ! Lightly oil the press fit section of the flap with engine oil or WD40 or similar and then insert into your sump.
- This kit uses stock 2WD front hump oil pick up tube.
- If options for head drains are required, now is a great time to add these! Be mindful of the position of the engine mounts and a/c lines, pumps etc.
Shipping cost is based on weight and destination. Just add products to your cart and use the Shipping Calculator to see the shipping price.
Boost Doc prides itself on customer service, and we want happy customers and will provide a repair, replacement or refund for faulty products.
We will not refund if you simply changed your mind, found it cheaper somewhere else, decided you did not like the purchase or had no use for it.
But you can choose a refund or replacement if an item is found to be faulty.